How To Cancel Hulu—The Process Explained
Hulu is a favorite among many TV enthusiasts, providing access to over 1,300 TV shows and 1500 movies. However, some users may decide to opt out of the service for reasons such as general dissatisfaction with the platform or financial constraints.
If you are one of these users, this comprehensive guide will teach you how to cancel Hulu via the company’s official website, your mobile device, or a third-party platform. You will also learn how to avoid unwarranted charges during the cancellation process.
Note that the information provided in this guide is current as of November 2023. Please visit the official Hulu website or contact their customer service team for updates.
How To Cancel a Hulu Subscription on the Website
The simplest way to cancel your Hulu subscription is by visiting the official website. Below are the steps to follow:
- Sign into your Hulu account.
- Navigate to the upper right corner of the screen and click on your account picture.
- Select Account and scroll down to the Your Subscription section.
- Click Cancel next to your subscription. Hulu may prompt you to pause your subscription instead.
- Select Continue To Cancel to confirm your decision.
- Ignore additional offers and click Cancel Subscription at the bottom of the page to complete the process.
Upon completing the steps, the subscription status on your Account page will change to Your subscription will be canceled. You should also receive a confirmation email from Hulu on the email address associated with your account.
How To Cancel Hulu Membership on iPhone and Android
While you can sign up for Hulu membership on an iPhone, you can't discontinue your subscription through the iOS Hulu app—you will have to do so via the company’s website.
If you’re an Android user, here are the appropriate steps you must complete to end your Hulu subscription:
- Launch the Hulu app on your Android device.
- Tap the Account icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and enter your Hulu password if prompted.
- Tap Cancel next to Cancel Your Subscription.
After completing the above steps, your subscription should be canceled. You should know that you will still have access to Hulu’s content and features until the end of your billing cycle.
How To Cancel a Hulu Account Registered Through a Third Party
If you have purchased your Hulu subscription from a third-party platform like iTunes or Amazon, you will have to end your membership through the same platform. The following table details the specific steps you must follow to discontinue your Hulu subscription on each platform: