California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
This CCPA Notice does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers where the Personal Information we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role at Privacy. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Sources of personal information
We collect Personal Information from:
- Our interactions with you, such as when you sign up for an online account with us, verify your identity for us, or engage in a transaction with us; and
- Publicly available databases and our joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us; and
- Third-party identity verification services and publicly available sources, including your government-issued identification number; and
- Third parties for any investigation, eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or transaction-related information with any consumer reporting agency.
Categories of personal information collected and disclosed
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information about California residents we may collect, as well as which categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for our operational business purposes in the preceding 12 months.
Use of personal information
We use these categories of Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing our products and services, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including using Personal Information to:
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Develop, improve, repair, provide and maintain our products and services;
- Personalize, advertise, and market our products and services;
- Conduct research, analytics, data analysis, data aggregation, and data anonymization;
- Maintain our property and our records, and undertake quality and safety assurance measures;
- Conduct risk and security control and monitoring, and detect and prevent fraud;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations and record-keeping;
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions;
- Carry out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures or acquisitions; and
- Comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, protect user safety and public welfare, and exercise and defend legal claims.
Under the CCPA, if a business sells or shares Personal Information, it must allow California residents to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information. However, we do not sell or share and have not sold or shared Personal Information, as “sale” and “share” are defined in the CCPA. For example, and without limiting the foregoing, we do not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
Individual rights and requests
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (if applicable) Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us at email@example.com, or 1-844-771-8229. We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as provide a few examples of the types of Personal Information you may request in order to verify a request, such as mailing address, telephone number and/or email address, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. If you make a deletion request, we may ask you to verify your request before we delete your Personal Information. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests, for example if we need to keep the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If you want to make a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident, you may use the submission methods noted above. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide, as applicable, proof concerning your status as an authorized agent, which also may include:
- Proof of your registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California; and/or
- A power of attorney from the California resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130.
If you are making a request on behalf of a California resident and have not provided us with a power of attorney from the resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130, we may also require the resident to:
- Verify the resident’s own identity directly with us; or
- Directly confirm with us that the resident provided you permission to submit the request.
Changes to this ccpa notice
We may change or update this CCPA Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised CCPA Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
Last updated: January 30, 2023
148 Lafayette St, Fl 3
New York, 10013